Due to PEDv we will not be holding our hug a hog contest this year. If the virus is not a threat next year we will bring back this beloved contest. (PED is a virus that affects pigs only, especially very young pigs. For more information please visit: http://www.pork.org/Research/4316/PEDVResources.aspx )
HUG A HOG CONTEST
at the 151st Richland County Fair
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
Each team will have 3 members, all male or all female. Age limit of 14 years or older. Parent or guardian signature is required for contestants under 18 years of age.
There will be a limit of 35 teams.
Teams will be taken on a first come first serve basis. The First 35 teams to return registration and payment will be allowed to compete.
$30.00 Entry Fee Per Team
1. Each team must have a team name (be creative! Examples: Bathing Beauties, 3 Blind Men, Catch & Release, etc.) Costumes are encouraged. Remember, this is a family event and judges could disqualify.
2. There will be a women’s and a men’s class. 3 people per team.
3. Teams will start and stop at the sound of a whistle.
4. Each team member must have one hand on the fence before the sound of the whistle.
5. A team has 45 seconds to put the pig into the barrel.
6. Contestants can use only their arms and hands for the wrestle. The pig’s ears, snout and tail are off limits.
7. Pig must go into the barrel TAIL first and each member of the team must have one hand on the pig as it goes into the barrel.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO abuse or roughing of the pig will be tolerated. Time will be stopped if the judge feels the pig is in trouble.
9. All team members must be present at 6:30 p.m. at the ring for a meeting, or forfeit.
10. Judge’s decision is FINAL!
11. No refunds.
12. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place times. If 35 teams enter, 1st-$165, 2nd-$115, 3rd-$90, 4th-$65 in women’s and men’s.
$860 in cash prizes if 30 teams enter!
Registration & payment deadline = August 30, 2013
Mail, email, or fax your registration to:
Richland County Fair
PO Box 508
Richland Center, WI 53581